Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Being Five Bodied 2 out of 3
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:58 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: 2 out of 3 Reply with quote

'Synchronicity' is usually some sort of event or series of events or something that otherwise HAPPENS to one, but some 'meaningful coincidences' are patterns in statistics/words/data that don't require 'timing' to impress.

(For example, President's Day is 2/16, and President Obama's (birth)day is the 216th day of the year.... which pair of facts are more impressive when we consider that 216 is 6 x 6 x 6)

Over the years, I've experienced a number of superb examples of a kind of 'hybrid' of these opposing poles of synchronicity, involving a coincidental fact, which I learn about or notice at a time which is additionally coincidental.

A perfect example of this happened recently -- sorting through boxes after a move, KNZ pulled out a receipt, asking if it was garbage. I looked and said: "that's the record of a coincidence"..... from two years ago. It takes a bit of 'setting the scene'...... thankfully you folk are familiar enough with the inherent resonance of the memelets 'pink' and '222', but at the time a particularly resonant symbol was OWLS, for a potent tetrad of reasons:

-- "Minerva's Owl" is the first section of Harold Innis' The Bias Of Communication, the first Innis that McLuhan read... the phrase is from Hegel, who used it to symbolize the [wisdom?/great art?/finest percepts?] of a culture, which only really 'takes wing' as that culture is beginning to collapse or fall apart (at 'dusk')
-- Bohemian Grove's mascot is an owl
-- In 'Dark Mission: The Secret History Of NASA', Richard Hoagland and Mike Bara paint a portrait of NASA as severe Egypt-fetishists, and discuss decades of trying to pressure NASA to reveal/release what they know about the moon and Mars, and use the shorthand 'owls vs. roosters' to refer to the factions within NASA who want to set the truth free (roosters) vs. those who aim to keep secrets secret (owls)
-- the strange light cast by the above facts upon the classic spooky line from Twin Peaks: "The owls are not what they seem"
-- and a strange experiment involving 'the restoration of the missing fundamental' that I quoted and commented on in this thread:
http://www.fivebodied.com/viewtopic.php?t=2668&highlight=music

So that said, here's what happened two years ago:
On February 21, I read a newspaper article on the history of the pink slip -- how that custom became our standard gesture to say "you're fired", as well as some other foreign and historical examples. A few hours later, I strolled on over to the 'Conspiracy Culture' bookstore to buy a copy of Joan D'Arc's "Paranoid Women Collect Their Thoughts".... The next day (2/22) I'm reading it, when out of nowhere one of the authors (I forget who, unfortunately) mentions that the Egyptian hieroglyph for "you're fired" (or 'pink slip') was an owl! BOOM!!

So yeah, I wanted to keep the receipt. Then, THE NEXT DAY after KNZ had brought that particular synchronicity back to my attention, I learn from a clue on Jeopardy! that there are exactly 222 species of this nocturnal bird. Um, what are OWLS????? KA-BOOM!!!! That fact alone (which was just as true on Feb22/09) adds a vivid new layer to that days' synchronicity, I would have been jolted to learn it at any time, but I happen to learn it the day after I'm reminded of the context that makes it hyperrelevant.

I tell you, these hybrids can get incredible mileage out of a few choice drops of high-octane meme!

Enjoy the 666 days that remain until December 21, 2012, everybody!!!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 am
~Foo Fighter~

Post subject: Reply with quote

for what it's worth

Some abductee's claim that their initial "screen" memory of an event was that they saw an animal with large eyes, some say the animal was an "owl".

Upon later hypnosis, they supposedly come to the realization that they didn't see and owl (or other animal) but an alien.

Robert Lees

[Definition: Android Meme - Automated self-replicating unit of cultural transmission; machines communicating with machines.]

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:36 pm
frater222

Post subject: Reply with quote

cool stuff as always linus
"you were, tootoo too ...the graced of gods...& salus of the wake...Winner...primed at the studience, propredicted...the choice of ages wise! Spickspookspokesman of our specturesque...we miss your smile."

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Interregnum Reply with quote

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
for what it's worth

Some abductee's claim that their initial "screen" memory of an event was that they saw an animal with large eyes, some say the animal was an "owl".

Upon later hypnosis, they supposedly come to the realization that they didn't see and owl (or other animal) but an alien.

I forget the name of the creep-out alien-horror movie from a couple of years ago ('the fourth kind?'), but they were loading up the ads with owls.

But dig the latest grade-A xtranicity, delivered to me by CBC, who have been showing episodes of the newest Doctor Who every weeknight as their 'Late Movie' ....
.... but first, some (typically tightly coherent) context. A year ago on March Forth (important date to the MCKeNNa brothers), I followed the link to the SidneyCrosby-numerology video, then went out and bumped into Mark MCKiNNey at the convenience store ((the clue was 'this person is perhaps best known for reimagining passive visual perspective as an active tactile space'; that is, "I'm crushing your head!")), then later noticed a symmetry between Crosby and the American snowboarder Shaun White....
(in this thread: http://www.fivebodied.com/viewtopic.php?p=18099)

... so then, this year on March Forth, the Doctor Who episode involved a 'possessed individual' who progressed from echoing/instant-replaying everything anyone said to much more creepily 'repeating' everything simultaneously, as it's being said. This reminded me, among other things, of a coincidence that Mr. Reimer told me about two years ago, where Bob-on-tape happened to say the same word as he did at the exact same time, which he wouldn't have noticed unless someone else was present to hear them both ... usually these xtranicities involve a delay, if only a very short one ("I was JUST saying that, and then...!"), and there's been more of them than usual between ourselves and the TV over the last couple of months (the Jeopardy! owls being only the most spectacular).
So anyway, that was clearly the best Doctor Who episode we'd seen.... the next afternoon, I flipped on CBC to find halfpipe snowboarding, just as someone was scoring gigantic air, and I got KNZ's attention to check out their next launch.... which they flubbed. So then I suggest to KNZ, and the commentator suggests to her audience, at precisely exactly the simultaneousame time, that we might have 'jinxed' the snowboarder. Seriously, the timing was EXACT.

So what the fuck am I supposed to do, pretend this shit is all in my head?? IT'S ALWAYS LIKE THIS. And by 'THIS', I mean: don't you think it would have been impressive enough if the simultaneously-said word came the day after the March Forth Doctor Who episode where that was the premise, let alone being also about a snowboarder, let alone the word being 'jinx', the word for that phenomenon!

The question is, does telling these stories spread and/or intensify the phenomenon??

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Interregnum Reply with quote

Linus Minimax wrote:

The question is, does telling these stories spread and/or intensify the phenomenon??

BOB: iON says it will... so give it no attention.

Bob Dobbs

Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Re: Interregnum Reply with quote

fivebodied wrote:
Linus Minimax wrote:

BOB: iON says it will... so give it no attention.

Bob Dobbs

So I'm thinking, is that because your use of the word 'virus' to describe your xenochrony is accurate -- that it's actually a linguistically-transmitted DISEASE that's evil and/or dangerous, or is this more of a "the first rule of xtranicity is 'you don't talk about xtranicity'" type of mystery-school-protection?? Or is it just the good old "turn it off" stock answer to de-emphasize content?? So I'm thinking, as I come upon the latest 'ION Magazine' sitting on top of a newspaper box. Which is (typically) perfect, since the other thing I'm thinking is what about the 'Xenochrony-as-Bob-proofs' aspect ... surely "Secretly Catholic" Bob wouldn't disdain miracles as spread-the-Good-News propaganda? But I hadn't wondered the same thing about iON, about xtranicity which would seem to communicate "He (iON) is right, you know"

So now what I'm wondering is -- did iON say it will, so then YOU recommend giving it no attention? Or is that dissuasion straight from the non-physical mouth?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.