Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Five Bodied (A)Wake Recent Events
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:27 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Recent Events Reply with quote

Ad Absurdum is pressuring me to post nice things about Bassem Youssef ("Egypt's Jon Stewart" who was last night's intensely likeable guest on The Daily Show) and end with " ... and that's why it was so disappointing to remember that Stewart is a Jew."

...and I get it, I didn't need him to explain it to me (((that it's unfortunate that it's an issue at all, let alone a "dominant" issue that large slices of Youssef's home audience use as an excuse to see no deeper than the stoopidest surface into their exchange than "of course the Jew supports him", AND it's unfortunate that I feel compelled to explain it here, since there actually were megaidiots at alt.slack who thought that to be at all slightly interested in Lyndon Larouche's ideas was a likely symptom of a dangerous latent anti-semitism, AND it's unfortunate that these megaidiots were not exactly drowned out -- AU CONTRAIRE one of the nominees for 'nadir' of my experience reading that forum was when Stang mused that perhaps Bob was "a self-hating Jew"... I HAD NEVER THOUGHT TO WONDER IF HE WAS A JEW!!!))), but that style of straightFace joke is just not what the doctors ordered for right now, which is why I was so glad to see Jon Oliver end his segment on Tuesday night by walking into the ocean in frustration rather than staying faux-affirmatively in stoopid character.

Speaking of frustration, who could take themselves seriously pretending to be outraged at the wonderful prank pulled by "The Syrian Electronic Army"??? If they don't want the credit, they can fully blame it on the Meme, who it seems was compelled to confess the extent to which "the AP" is OVER it. Seriously, how perfect is it that a fake news story FROM "THE AP" engaged specifically the most overtly "android" aspects of the Mass (widely agreed to be importantly current) Meme -- the algorithms which AHUMANLY drive the stock market's trends -- to cause just enough of a Faceslap to wake folks up to the dangerous reliance??? I mean, the restraint (as well as the transgression) bespeaks the 'human scale' of intent behind this Rumplestiltskining: the effect wasn't dramatic enough to be (seriously) abused by any conspiracy. As well, the one questionable aspect (the fake news itself, the report of violence against likeable Mr. Capstone) is an ENTIRELY PROPER denigration of the content vs. the medium, a precise realignment of attention away from the hallucinated action and toward the effect on the audience and its machines. They may be questioning B.O'B's only-stated "support" for them, but this doesn't seem to represent an assassinatory or aggressive phantasy at all.
It's a perfect probe proving the currency of the formula "AP OVER AM"

----------

.... I posted the above 29ish hours ago, and very soon afterward learned that the 'SEA' identifies with the regime, rather than with the revolution as I (understandably, I think!) assumed. Whoops, but it's a useful mistake since the only thing that changes is how comfortable I feel praising the prank (drama of merging/blocking re: people = AP); the "xenochronic" appropriateness remains (drama of teachable moment re: Bob's formulas = AM). ...
The 'violent' content seemed totally phatic (talking to machines, only designed as a stack of irresistable algorithm-triggers), but in fact the menace was intended ... does that change anything??

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: tying up slack ends Reply with quote

Ad Absurdum, the day after Election Day wrote:

... they made a point of reporting the word count of MR's "victory speech": 1118. A few hours later, they made a point of calling it for BOB "at 11:18pm"
... ... ... Coincidence???

Later that year, Colbert claimed to have broadcast 1118 'Reports' as of Election Night... but I didn't know that yet on November 18th ( 11/18 ), as controversy swirled around Toronto's Ken Taylor w/r/t 'Argo' and the Toronto Argos (whose quarterback in 2002 was Reggie Slack) won the Grey Cup, the NYTimes (Nigh Times) Magazine ran an article/interview with Robert DeNiro (Bob DeN) whose only original content was the endorsement of 'The King Of Comedy' (Tiny Note Chart -- Dobbs Quadrant) as a deserving member of that actor's celebrated canon. The article used variations of the word 'slack' in two consecutive paragraphs (very unusual for such professional prose), and a later photo collection in the same issue was of a foam party whose foam was provided by 'Slack Chemical'.
Since then, the Globe&Mail's movie critic wrote about how The King Of Comedy was 'eerily prescient', and later coverage of this year's TriBeCa Film Festival (started by Bob DeN) noted, as a sign of the festival's 'maturing', that instead of a big blockbuster premiere, the closing-night film (tonight: April 28th) would be the "still underappreciated" 'King Of Comedy' (apparently, Jerry Lewis is there to help celebrate its 20th anniversary).

'Still underappreciated', eh?? Huh, wonder why... could it be that just a few years ago the critically correct opinion of that movie was an eye-roll (if not a full-on *facepalm* forehead slap) wondering how the DeNiro-Scorsese collaboration could have dropped such a silly stinker?? Oh well, whatever it takes... the "slack" (literal and otherwise) surrounding these developments gives me hope that this film is serving as a suitable excuse for a slowly growing appreciation of Bob, but whatever...

----

make that 30th anniversary ... (it's the 20th anniversary of BME)... and I forgot to mention that today's Nigh Times Magazine's table of contents lists 'The Problem With Pink', followed by 'The Mind of A Con Man' on page 44 (( http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/magazine/diederik-stapels-audacious-academic-fraud.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 -- searching for that link Google gave me "About 4,440,000 results" for 'mind con man' )).
Nigh Times wrote:
"He insisted that he loved social psychology but had been frustrated by the messiness of experimental data, which rarely led to clear conclusions. His lifelong obsession with elegance and order, he said, led him to concoct sexy results that journals found attractive. It was a quest for aesthetics, for beauty instead of the truth, he said. He described his behavior as an addiction that drove him to carry out acts of increasingly daring fraud, like a junkie seeking a bigger and better high.

It's very funny to think that there are SubGenii who could confidently read that quote as diagnostic of 'Dean and the Deanies'... but then again it's also very funny (though with a darkly Larouchean sarcasm) that the logo for CNN's coverage of the White House Correspondents Dinner was a variation on the logo of 'the London Underground (((it IS a political movement after all!)))... hey, speaking of scientific fraud, how about those extremely blatantly absurd conclusions that the F-35 is the craft we need??? No, not on your investigative agenda??? I bet they didn't even give you a saucer-ride for your silence, you cheap whores...

Don't forget to beat the shit out of your opinion of Bob D with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZBu_tFtUg[/youtube]

before enjoying our answer to the question: what if he'd given that song to Nico and the Velvets???
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed4zp14SDQ0[/youtube]

----------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------

and there endeth the post, but it seems I can still edit it 3 days later (Beltane), so I can add this anecdote that wasn't quite worth "wasting" my 333rd post on:
from the book I found on the sidewalk of Queen near Bathurst in the wee hours of this morning, walking home from 'Sick Birds Die Easy' ((a documentary about questing to the Gabonese jungle for a Bwiti iboga ceremony, which was well worth the seven bucks)), 'DANCE ANECDOTES', p. 69:
"Several decades ago, a leading US weekly, perhaps Time, conducted an interview with the singer-songwriter Bob Dylan. At one point, the interviewer, noting that Dylan wrote the haunting lyrics for his own songs, asked him if he considered himself a poet.
"Nope," Dylan said.
Well, then, the interviewer went on, he must consider himself a composer, since he wrote all his own music, too.
"Nope," Dylan said.
But, the perplexed interviewer wondered, if Dylan didn't consider himself a poet or a songwriter, then what was he?
And Dylan said, "I'm a dancer."
-- Overheard in line while waiting to be seated for a performance at the Brooklyn Arts Exchange, January 7, 2004"