Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Five Bodied (A)Wake The Beginning of WIT
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:04 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

Post subject: The Beginning of WIT Reply with quote

https://archive.org/search.php?query=william%20irwin%20thompson

William Irwin Thompson – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
“The Decline of International Civilization and the Rise of the New Planetary Culture.” Address given at a conference entitled “Spiritual Communities for a Planetary Culture” held at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, March, 1974. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 64

William Irwin Thompson, (Planetary Culture and New Image of Humanity, Summer Conference 1974, New York) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
This talk summarizes the conference’s main themes, especially decentralization (of culture) and planetization (of humanity), both of which are presently challenged by the crisis in industrial civilization. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 73

William Irwin Thompson, (Conscious Evolution and the Evolution of Consciousness, Summer Conference 1975, New York) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
In this wrap-up talk, Thompson invokes the Imagination and a re-structuring of consciousness to reveal a synthesis of the conference themes into a new integral world view and a paean to Gregory Bateson. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 80

William Irwin Thompson – William Carleton: The Peasant and Pre-Industrial Man (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #5 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Violence and the landscape of terror in pre-famine Ireland. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 44

William Irwin Thompson – The Great Exhibition of 1851 (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #7 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
On the consciousness of history and the history of consciousness. Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 43

William Irwin Thompson – Irish Political Messianism (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #11 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A discussion of the messianic figure in nativistic political movements. Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 38

William Irwin Thompson – Yeats’ Apocalyptic A VISION (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #12 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The poetry and philosophy of W.B. Yeats. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 61

William Irwin Thompson - Abraham and the Rejection of Civilization (Prophecy and Revolution: Five Lectures on the Old Testament, #2) - Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A study of Genesis' denunciation of urban civilization. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 334

William Irwin Thompson – Historical Causation and Mythical Consciousness (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #1) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
On the consciousness of history, historical change and ideas about historical causation. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 59

William Irwin Thompson – Exodus as Revolution (Prophecy and Revolution: Five Lectures on the Old Testament, #3) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A study of Moses in terms of the anthropological model of the nativistic movement. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 272

William Irwin Thompson - Amos and Pastoral Revitalization (Prophecy and Revolution: Five Lectures on the Old Testament, #5) - Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne Talk.
A study of prophetic movements as a return to traditional pastoral values. Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 175

William Irwin Thompson - The Fall and the Rejection of Eden (Prophecy and Revolution: Five Lectures on the Old Testament, #1) - Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne Talk.
An examination of the myth of the Fall as a description of the nature of consciousness. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 534

William Irwin Thompson - Religion and Social Change: From Tent to Temple (Prophecy and Revolution: Five Lectures on the Old Testament, #4) - Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne Talk.
The crisis in values as Israel shifts from pastoral to urban civilization in I and II Samuel and I Kings. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 238

William Irwin Thompson – CASTLE RACKRENT and the Failure of the Feudal Order (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #3) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A discussion of Maria Edgeworth’s novel Castle Rackrent as it expresses the transition from an agricultural to an industrial world view. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 35

William Irwin Thompson – The Enclosure Acts and the Sociology of Knowledge (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #2) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The conflict of values and the way in which even a scientific approach to history can be turned into a weapon. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 66

William Irwin Thompson – The Irish Famine: From Folk to Interchangeable Parts (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #6 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The Irish Famine as an example of the origin of Triage in the modern world; a study of the shift from a religious to an economic view of human society. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.

William Irwin Thompson, (A Light Governance for America: The Cultures and Strategies of Decentralization, Annual Summer Conference 1976, New York) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The closing talk consists of observations on the short-term future of thinking and knowledge with special attention to the speaker’s concept of “hieroglyphic thought.” Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.

William Irwin Thompson – Nature and the Individual in Wordsworth’s THE PRELUDE (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #4 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A discussion of Wordsworth’s autobiographical poem The Prelude as it shows the relationship between the growth of consciousness and the consciousness of nature. Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 48

William Irwin Thompson – Man and the City: Gilgamesh and Uruk (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #9) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An analysis of the Gilgamesh epic. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 81

William Irwin Thompson – Isis and Osiris: Sacred Marriage and the City of Gods (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #10) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An analysis of the Egyptian myth of Isis and Osiris. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 74

William Irwin Thompson – Quetzalcoatl and Quetzalpetatl: Sacred Marriage and the City of Gods (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #11) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An analysis of the ancient Mexican myth and the theories of Laurette Sejourne. Author WilliamIrwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 52

William Irwin Thompson – The Time Light Bodies Took to Fall (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #2) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An examination of myths of the Fall and the origins of humanity in various cultures. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 58

William Irwin Thompson – Iconography and Mythology in Paleolithic Cave Art (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #7) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A discussion of the theories of Andre Leroi-Gourhan in his Prehistorie de l’art occidentale. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 64

William Irwin Thompson – Symbolization: The Origins of Notation (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #6) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An examination of the theories of Alexander Marshack in his Roots of Civilization. Author WilliamIrwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 83

William Irwin Thompson – The Slaying of the Great Mother and the Construction of the Modern World (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #12) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An analysis of the Babylonian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, and a comparison with the mythological patterns underlying Aeschylus’ Oresteia. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 63

William Irwin Thompson – Primates and Proto-Culture (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #4) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A look at the ethological studies of Jane van Lawick-Goodall and a conjecture about the origins of human sexual behavior and the beginnings of human culture. Author William Irwin Thompsonis founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 55

William Irwin Thompson – Civilization and the Displacement of the Feminine (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #Cool – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The shift away from the Neolithic agricultural Great Mother Goddess to the organizational male deities, Eulil and Enki, in the mythology of ancient Sumer. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 62

William Irwin Thompson – The Evolution of Language (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #5) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
An examination of the debate between the behaviorists and the rationalists on the origins of language. Includes a discussion of the case for language in chimpanzees. Author William IrwinThompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 50

William Irwin Thompson – The Development of Evolutionary Thought (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #3) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A look at the development of the theory of evolution in the 18th and 19th centuries and a contrast of myth and natural history as views of human existence. Author William Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 84

E.F. Schumacher Panel with William Irwin Thompson, Barry Stein, Alice Tepper Marlin, Scott Burns, John Todd, and E.F. Schumacher #1, (Lindisfarne in Manhattan 1976/1977, Fellows’ Lecture Series) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Each member of this panel is putting the ideas of Dr. Schumacher into practice in a different way. Their discussion focuses on the progress they’ve made and the problems that remain. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 30

E.F. Schumacher Panel with William Irwin Thompson, Barry Stein, Alice Tepper Marlin, Scott Burns, John Todd, and E.F. Schumacher #2, (Lindisfarne in Manhattan 1976/1977, Fellows’ Lecture Series) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Each member of this panel is putting the ideas of Dr. Schumacher into practice in a different way. Their discussion focuses on the progress they’ve made and the problems that remain. AuthorWilliam Irwin Thompson is founder of the Lindisfarne Association.
Downloads: 34

William Irwin Thompson – The Transformations of Human Culture: An Overview (The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Lectures on mythology, sexuality and the evolution of culture, #1) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
A discussion of six major cultural transformations: I. The Hominization of the Primates; II. Symbolization and the Origins of Art in the Upper Paleolithic; III. Agriculturalization and the Shift from Hunting and Gathering; IV. Civilization and the Rise of Cities in Ancient Sumer; V. Industrialization: The Shift from Agricultural Civilizations; VI. Planetization: The Shift from Warring Industrial Nation-States to a New World Order...
Downloads: 79

William Irwin Thompson, (Planetary Culture and New Image of Humanity, Summer Conference 1974) – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
The founder of Lindisfarne gives the introductory talk on the re-visioning of art, science, and religion for a new planetary culture and a new image of humanity.
Downloads: 50

William Irwin Thompson – Sex and Repression in Victorian Society (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #9 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Downloads: 45

William Irwin Thompson – Charles Dickens’ HARD TIMES: The Circus and the Factory (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #8 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Downloads: 39

William Irwin Thompson – A Discussion of John Millington Synge’s THE PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD (Industrialization and the Emergence of the Modern World, Lecture #10 – Schumacher Center, a Lindisfarne talk.
Downloads: 56

Bob Dobbs

Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:22 pm
~Foo Fighter~

Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a few and liked them...but it sucks that there is nobody I can discuss them with.

It's amazing what he was talking about in the early 70's! Some of that stuff seems cliche now (like the stuff on Chartres)...but how many people were clued into this stuff back then? Very few is my guess.

Robert Lees

[Definition: Android Meme - Automated self-replicating unit of cultural transmission; machines communicating with machines.]

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
I listened to a few and liked them...but it sucks that there is nobody I can discuss them with.

It's amazing what he was talking about in the early 70's! Some of that stuff seems cliche now (like the stuff on Chartres)...but how many people were clued into this stuff back then? Very few is my guess.

BOB: Call in to PAYDAY.

We discuss WIT's ideas all the time with iON, myself, and others.

Don't be a loser and miss out on the greatest show ever.

Bob Dobbs

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:35 am
~Foo Fighter~

I'd like to but I can't.

I'll talk to you, but are there any days on Payday when iON is off?

I cant' suspend disbelief enough to take him seriously on any level and can't think of a thing I'd like to talk to him about.

Even if he IS the disembodied cosmic trailer trash he claims to be...why should anyone belive anything he says? WIT points out that esoteric traditions caution their adepts from paying much attention to channeled, contacted, psychicly recieved information as simply "plugging into the mind of the race dreaming."

I'm just saying he doesn't do much for ME. To eadh his own.

Robert Lees

[Definition: Android Meme - Automated self-replicating unit of cultural transmission; machines communicating with machines.]

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:57 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
I'd like to but I can't.

I'll talk to you, but are there any days on Payday when iON is off?

I cant' suspend disbelief enough to take him seriously on any level and can't think of a thing I'd like to talk to him about.

Even if he IS the disembodied cosmic trailer trash he claims to be...why should anyone belive anything he says? WIT points out that esoteric traditions caution their adepts from paying much attention to channeled, contacted, psychicly recieved information as simply "plugging into the mind of the race dreaming."

I'm just saying he doesn't do much for ME. To eadh his own.

BOB: Everything you say above is wrong.

No "to each his own" about it.

Because you've missed so many hundreds of hours with iON, you have no clue what iON is producing beyond language.

The world-changing RnA Drops, the universe-shattering cold fusion box (we call it "cold play"), the coming LIVING WATER and BREAD OF LIFE - it's disgusting what you're denying yourself - for very petty reasons.

I will not talk to anyone very long who has lost touch with iONdom.

I hope to be able to tell the story of what's been happening the last 2 years sometime in the next decade - although that may still be too early.

Bob Dobbs

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:20 am
~Foo Fighter~

Bob, you've talked on topics I found interesting, informative, and enlightening. I just don't get any of that out of iON.

If I come on the show it won't be about my curiosity, or about WIT, or your two cents on what WIT has to say but it will be about iON and his showmanship and how people oh-and-ah over what he says and how he says it.

I don't want to be part of his show.

Robert Lees

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:46 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
Bob, you've talked on topics I found interesting, informative, and enlightening. I just don't get any of that out of iON.

If I come on the show it won't be about my curiosity, or about WIT, or your two cents on what WIT has to say but it will be about iON and his showmanship and how people oh-and-ah over what he says and how he says it.

I don't want to be part of his show.

BOB: You WILL eventually so start rehearsing now.

Your impressions of how we do PAYDAY are grossly misinformed because you have not kept up with the new developments and changes.

Bob Dobbs

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:12 am
~Foo Fighter~

I'm in the pro-show...procreation. When you really get down to it procreating is about the only thing that really matters. Probably the only thing that ever did matter. All this and whatever environment iON is creating is ephemera...a fughazi.

Have the kids and make sure they thrive and grow. That is IT at such a visceral level that nothing else is able to trump it or work it's way into that core environment. Euridition, media environments, iON etc. are insignificante next to it. Sure they operate and affect the bubble, but they do NOT get inside the life/death bubble.

Robert Lees

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 pm
bodylogic

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
environment iON is creating is ephemera...a fughazi.

whenever i hear ion, i be like

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:12 am
sixbodied
Site Admin

~Foo Fighter~ wrote:
I'm in the pro-show...procreation. When you really get down to it procreating is about the only thing that really matters. Probably the only thing that ever did matter. All this and whatever environment iON is creating is ephemera...a fughazi.

Have the kids and make sure they thrive and grow. That is IT at such a visceral level that nothing else is able to trump it or work it's way into that core environment. Euridition, media environments, iON etc. are insignificante next to it. Sure they operate and affect the bubble, but they do NOT get inside the life/death bubble.

BOB: So you haven't heard, have you?

Cosmic Awareness predicted it 50 years ago and iON confirmed it:

the womb is closing and the family way is kaput.

This is where you're heading into trouble - the life/death bubble is finished.

Our iCell proves it.

You're gonna have to adjust... and you can't even commit suicide since the Guf has emptied.

Bob Dobbs

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:35 am
bodylogic

sixbodied wrote:

You're gonna have to adjust... and you can't even commit suicide since the Guf has emptied.

Bob Dobbs

Tell that to Robbin Williams

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

bodylogic wrote:
sixbodied wrote:

Bob Dobbs

BOB: I can talk to him anytime via iON.

Remember, Williams didn't go anywhere since the Guf is closed.

Bob Dobbs

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:37 pm
bodylogic

sixbodied wrote:
bodylogic wrote:
sixbodied wrote:

Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs

yep, missed you Bob. Very Happy

love the new conversations you've been posting.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:33 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

bodylogic wrote:
sixbodied wrote:
bodylogic wrote:
sixbodied wrote:

Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs

yep, missed you Bob. Very Happy

love the new conversations you've been posting.

BOB: You mean De Kerckhove and Thompson?

Bob Dobbs

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:10 am
bodylogic

yep