Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Essay Archives Android Meme's Xenochrony
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:50 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Amazing new chart discovery Reply with quote

Eepē wrote:
How do you explain that? How could you not know of McLuhan if you had supposedly knew him in 1954?:

BOB: Well, you're supposed to figure out what I was doing with each of the 5 young men in Dartmouth back in the late Sixties and early Seventies..

Hint: I was setting them up. They were the first to be wrung through the holy offices.

Bob Dobbs

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:19 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Mind Meld at Ground Zero Reply with quote

octavian wrote:
Bob,

What would happen if one morning, 2 billion people stared at your Tiny Note chart for 45 minutes?

BOB: Then we would have finally arrived at Dec.21, 2012 or 12/21/12

Bob Dobbs

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:31 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

Eepē wrote:
How is your diary an art form? Just because you had your diary published in a magazine makes it an art form? Surely there have been other diaries that've been published in magazines before yours--like Lee Harvey Oswald's (which is on Wikisource).

BOB: A major factor is the non-linear style of my presentation in FLIPSIDE. Also, it mirrored the new one-on-one visual interfacing that people were experiencing via email and chat lines. It's not presented as prose.

In Germany, to express plenary awareness, they say, "I know it like the inside of my pocket". This shows the tactile-interface bias of the Germans which allowed them to "dominate" in global business in the Nineties.

Bob Dobbs

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 pm
Sleeper!
Site Admin

Post subject: On tape Reply with quote

As Bob's archivist I've received thousands of hours of Bob recordings from people around the world. Several of the Offices and those mentioned in the diary are in those records. Not Hitler but several of Bob's private exchanges with Mae - she had an incredible respect for Bob's surprising knowledge of things that it took her decades to uncover and verify. He was also an important link for her to Skolnik and many others.

I even have many interviews of the Dartmouth gang and yes, they were 'dupes' you might say. Many of them had no idea what was going on but their later successes based on the plays Bob made and their later direct connections to the Offices is clearly laid out.

I think it's helpful for all those entering the Bob world to seriously warn them that 'credentials', or rather, placing any value on traditional credentials is a big waste of time. I'm aware of a massive laundry list of incredible (no pun intended), on tape, in the public record achievements verified by some of the greatest historical figures that are all accomplishments or contributions by Bob that he is constantly farcing or downplaying or even denying because he knows that the 'credible' accomplishments are so anti-slack and they're just a lure what needs to be treated with the greatest care.

Wiki, as I've posted in the past, is the greatest single lie ever imposed on the witless and voluntary masses who are experiencing the re-retrieval of a nostalgia for 'book knowledge'. Look closely at the terminology for acceptable articles in wiki - sick, old school stuff. There's no evil motive here by wiki, but we could say the same thing for the Red Cross.

I would recommend dealing with stated facts rather than trying to verify them, the 'fact' game is a joke and as a cyber-pioneer I think Eep knows this. Try exploring 'what is an art form' and you'll aspire past the witless masses... even if it's in vane. Smile

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm
Eepē

Post subject: Re: On tape Reply with quote

Sleeper! wrote:
As Bob's archivist I've received thousands of hours of Bob recordings from people around the world. Several of the Offices and those mentioned in the diary are in those records. Not Hitler but several of Bob's private exchanges with Mae - she had an incredible respect for Bob's surprising knowledge of things that it took her decades to uncover and verify. He was also an important link for her to Skolnik and many others.

I even have many interviews of the Dartmouth gang and yes, they were 'dupes' you might say. Many of them had no idea what was going on but their later successes based on the plays Bob made and their later direct connections to the Offices is clearly laid out.

I think it's helpful for all those entering the Bob world to seriously warn them that 'credentials', or rather, placing any value on traditional credentials is a big waste of time. I'm aware of a massive laundry list of incredible (no pun intended), on tape, in the public record achievements verified by some of the greatest historical figures that are all accomplishments or contributions by Bob that he is constantly farcing or downplaying or even denying because he knows that the 'credible' accomplishments are so anti-slack and they're just a lure what needs to be treated with the greatest care.

Wiki, as I've posted in the past, is the greatest single lie ever imposed on the witless and voluntary masses who are experiencing the re-retrieval of a nostalgia for 'book knowledge'. Look closely at the terminology for acceptable articles in wiki - sick, old school stuff. There's no evil motive here by wiki, but we could say the same thing for the Red Cross.

I would recommend dealing with stated facts rather than trying to verify them, the 'fact' game is a joke and as a cyber-pioneer I think Eep knows this. Try exploring 'what is an art form' and you'll aspire past the witless masses... even if it's in vane. Smile

Well, while I agree, in part, that Wiki is "old school" (rooted in the past), it is still necessary to refer to those archaic methods of credible, reliable, secondary sources to an extent. I have been in enough conflicts in Wikipedia over the definition of a "reliable, credible, secondary source" to know that it's essentially a fallacy of "appeal to authority" and "appeal to the media". However, notability is less of a fallacy, per se, and more of a numbers game.

Regardless, since Bob was supposedly born in 1922, he has existed for most of his life in the "old media" of print, radio, and television. The "new media" of the Internet is still relatively new compared to these other mediums. Hence, there should be more of a "paper trail" for what he says and who he claims to have met. I want to know more about his father, Rene Dobbs, and what about Bob's mother? For that matter, all of Bob's family history would be nice. Incredible claims require incredible evidence/support/sources.

If you have the interviews, make them available please. If you have evidence of Mae Brussel working with Bob, please provide it. The more "old school" sources available, the more likely the allegations will be accepted by the masses--otherwise it's just another pseudo-religion, really...

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:33 pm
Eepē

fivebodied wrote:
Eepē wrote:
How is your diary an art form? Just because you had your diary published in a magazine makes it an art form? Surely there have been other diaries that've been published in magazines before yours--like Lee Harvey Oswald's (which is on Wikisource).

BOB: A major factor is the non-linear style of my presentation in FLIPSIDE. Also, it mirrored the new one-on-one visual interfacing that people were experiencing via email and chat lines. It's not presented as prose.

OK, so because your diary is out of order (just what order IS it in anyway?) doesn't mean it equates with blogs, which ARE in chronological order. How does your Flipside diary version mirror "one-on-one visual interfacing"? Email and real-time text chat (IRC, instant messaging, etc) aren't visual, per se--unless you count text as "visual" (but I'm referring to face-to-face visuality like in-person or video teleconferencing/webcam chat).

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:54 am
justfive

Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting thread.

i remember the first apple computers were on about 'hypertext', and 'hypertext stacks'.

the early attempts weren't sexy enough, and no one really did much with the original apple software(that i know of, that is. except, maybe douglas adams, and 'hitchhikers guide' as an early software program for the '1984' mac, where you could make decisions, and get alternate storylines based on those decisions).

the overall story is the same, but the pathways you navigate determine your impression of the story.
the blind man and the elephant.
putting universal concepts into a hypertextual enviroment without the aid of computers, or even flipping pages is what bob's tiny note chart does. to explore the relationship between even two links requires a deep dive into infohell.

i am personally more interested in the chart itself that what is written on it.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:52 am
Eepē

Well, the chart is one thing, but Bob's diary is another thing. Before hypertext, the Choose Your Own Adventure books were doing multiple endings as early as 1979 (which may have been based off the 1970 play Accidental Death of an Anarchist--and it probably goes back further than that, but that was just from a quick Wikipedia search. Charles' Dickens A Christmas Carol is another, much older example in which Scrooge sees his death as a possibility--and chooses otherwise. Granted, even this surely can't be the first example of such a narrative technique... History tends to repeat itself, which is why I question anyone who claims to have done something first/originally.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 am
justfive

Eepē wrote:
Well, the chart is one thing, but Bob's diary is another thing. Before hypertext, the Choose Your Own Adventure books were doing multiple endings as early as 1979 (which may have been based off the 1970 play Accidental Death of an Anarchist--and it probably goes back further than that, but that was just from a quick Wikipedia search. Charles' Dickens A Christmas Carol is another, much older example in which Scrooge sees his death as a possibility--and chooses otherwise. Granted, even this surely can't be the first example of such a narrative technique... History tends to repeat itself, which is why I question anyone who claims to have done something first/originally.

true, true. i was thinking of those things, too, and that's why i said, 'or flip pages'.

but, if you're only talking about the diary, i'd say it's a work of pure hyperfiction.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:27 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

Eepē wrote:

Wikisource is having an issue about the copyright. Do you release your diary under, say, GNU Free Documentation License ("Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.") or another one on http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Copyright_policy ?

BOB: Do the GNU, eep, but I retain the rights to the print version.

Bob Dobbs

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:37 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

justfive wrote:
but, if you're only talking about the diary, i'd say it's a work of pure hyperfiction.

BOB: I've always regarded it as pure hyperfact.

Bob Dobbs

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:16 pm
Eepē

fivebodied wrote:
Eepē wrote:

Wikisource is having an issue about the copyright. Do you release your diary under, say, GNU Free Documentation License ("Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.") or another one on http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Copyright_policy ?

BOB: Do the GNU, eep, but I retain the rights to the print version.

Well, you need to email them, specifically, per http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/User_talk:Eep%C2%B2

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:27 pm
sixbodied
Site Admin

Eepē wrote:
Well, you need to email them, specifically, per http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/User_talk:Eep%C2%B2

BOB: I looked.

Give me the email address.

Bob Dobbs

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:35 pm
Eepē

permission@wikimedia.org

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:04 pm
justfive

fivebodied wrote:
justfive wrote:

BOB: I've always regarded it as pure hyperfact.

Bob Dobbs

i didn't mean that in a negative way. more like a flips into it's opposite kind of a way.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next