Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Essay Archives Link to name mentioned in Silencing the VST.....
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:37 am
Linus Minimax

Post subject: Link to name mentioned in Silencing the VST..... Reply with quote

"The tetrad was intuited by James Joyce in Finnegans Wake, made into a science by Marshall McLuhan, exploited by me and my colleagues on the Secret Council of Ten over the last 50 years, and popularized recently as Kushelman's Map."

http://www.ralph-abraham.org/articles/MS%2376.Dischaos/dischaos2.html

In 1985, Mark Kushelman (under the pseudonym Kadyrov), a mathematician and systems scientist then in Moscow, put together two of these cusp models into a double-cusp model for two nations engaged in an arms race, completing the nonlinear version of Richardson's original model. It provides a map, in the two-dimensional space of sensitivities of each nation to armaments of the other, showing regions of different behaviors, such as hawks and hawks, hawks and doves, doves and hawks, and doves and doves. Surprisingly, in the north-west and south-east sectors of this map, Kushelman found oscillating behavior. This might be significant in situations of codependence or addictive behavior [abraham double cusp]. A slightly different double cusp map was used by Callahan and Sashin in the treatment of anorexia nervosa and affect-response [callahan sashin]. Some other nonlinear adaptations of Richardson's model for the arms race have been studied by Mayer-Kress and Saperstein, who found chaotic behavior in their model [mayer-kress saperstein nonlinear].

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:22 am
justfive

Post subject: Reply with quote

nice synopsis of *stuff*, linus.

i feel like i just took a shower.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.