Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Out Of This World I am a space lizard from Triton
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:50 am
kigye888

Post subject: I am a space lizard from Triton Reply with quote

Falcon 1 is the world’s lowest cost per flight to orbit of a production rocket.

http://www.spacex.com/contact.php

Space Exploration Technologies

Phone:
310-363-6000

Mailing Address:
1 Rocket Rd
Hawthorne, CA 90250

Physical Address:
12301 Crenshaw Blvd
Hawthorne, CA 90250

Total Estimated Distance: 21.63 miles

_

I live about 22 miles from commercial space minimalism.

http://www.spacex.com/careers.php

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23812858/

Fastest evolving animal identified through DNA
‘Living dinosaur’ has highest molecular evolutionary rate ever measured

The tuatara, Sphendon punctatus, resembles a lizard and is found only in New Zealand.

_

http://www.doleta.gov/BRG/Indprof/IT_profile.cfm

o Information Technology (IT) is the fastest growing sector in the economy with a 68% increase in output growth rate projected between 2002 and 2012. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
_________

Information Technology:

* IT Systems Analyst
* Network Engineer

Jump to: navigation, search

In telecommunication, the term network engineering has the following meanings:

1. In telephony, the discipline concerned with (a) determining internetworking service requirements for switched networks, and (b) developing and implementing hardware and software to meet them.

2. In computer science, the discipline of hardware and software engineering to accomplish the design goals of a computer network.

3. In radio communications, the discipline concerned with developing network topologies.

Source: From Federal Standard 1037C

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Computer_Systems_Analyst/Salary

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Network_Engineer/Salary

. The best protection for your computer is a 3-tiered approach: anti-spyware software, anti-virus software, and a firewall.

_

http://www.myspace.com/monikakrusemusic

100 - 150 million

Estimated number of PCs on the Internet that are under the control of hackers.

15-60 minutes

Estimated timeframe for how often Zlob Trojans update and change in order to avoid detection, according to Lavasoft researchers.

_

Los Angeles

Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 pm
octavian

Post subject: Re: I am a space lizard from Triton Reply with quote

Frylock. FTW.

Sun May 11, 2008 4:34 pm
kigye888

Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www1.linkclub.or.jp/~clubey/wolf2d/smurfenstein.html

OK. I kind of get it. But why Smurfs? Read the underlined part. So, Nazis may have been a bit unreal to a suburban kiddo, but why would peace loving Smurfs be a real urban threat? For people who have the same question, I will here quote the opening narration of Castle Smurfenstein. It will give us a clue to understanding the Smurf crisis.

Still puzzled? Well, I can't blame you. Who the heck is Smurfbutcher Bob? And, what the hell are Smurfs' precartoon ancestors? Let me fill you in.

2) The Smurf Trilogy

Castle Smurfenstein was the most successful, and probably the most famous parody game created by Dead Smurf Software, but actually it was the second of such smurfy games made by them. To fully understand their underlying anomosity towards those little blue siblings, we need to know the history of Dead Smurf Software and their Smurf Trilogy.

Their first game of the Trilogy was called Dino Smurf, a parody game based on Dino Eggs by David H. Schroeder. In this game appears our hero, Smurfbutcher Bob. Let's see what the storyline was like.

The Original Story from Dino Eggs

The Parody Story from Dino Smurf

You see, in his previous quest, Smurfbutcher Bob tried to save his children from falling into a state of mindlessness by going back to the past and destroying the smurf's precartoon ancestors. These precartoon smurfs included red smurfs, which are now extinct. And, though it's not very logical, we see the first connection between Canadian forces and the Smurf conspiracy.

3) The S.M.U.R.F. Conspiracy

Castle Smurfenstein starts from here. Failing in his task to destroy precartoon ancestors, Bob is captured and taken back to the present where he is imprisoned in Castle Smurfenstein, the Canadian headquarters for operation Smurfkreig. Bob must escape, killing as many smurfs as possible along the way.

But the most interesting thing is that in the Smurfentein story we finally get the entire scheme of the Smurf conspiracy right. In Dino Smurf, we actually didn't know why Smurfs were doing bad to our children and why the Canadian Armed Forces were there to protect them. In Smurfenstein we get to know that it was the neo-Nazis that were behind the conspiracy. We also get to know what S.M.U.R.F. stands for. And above all, we get to know the code name for the conspiracy : Operation Smurfkreig.

For the relationship between Canadian forces we get to understand that the Nazi-Smurf conspiracy held their headquarters in Ontario, Canada. But for the decisive explanation of why they are cooperating with the Argentine-based Nazis are never given and left a mystery. Considering that one of their people were easily talked into handing a gun over to Bob, their captive, maybe they were stupid enough to be talked into the conspiracy in the first place. Well, whatever...

Other things we get to know are like, the conspiracy started off as early as in 1946, only a year after the Great War ended, and that smurfberries could be made into bombs, etc...

4) S.M.U.R.F. Prevails!

There was a third game to the Trilogy that was never finished. The project was named Sky Smurf based off of the fly-around-and-shoot-stuff game Sky Fox. In the game you were supposed to be able to fly around Ontario in your jet fighter killing lots of smurfs. Unfortunately, the third game only got as far as the new plot and a partial title screen because of some technical issues the authors faced, and before they could proceed any further, the authors all seperated to different locations to attend college. The conclusion is that at the end, the Good did not prevail, but S.M.U.R.F. did! Since Bob could never have his third chance to finish off the smurfs, Operation Smurfkreig has been slowly decaying our society from the roots to this day!

5) Reviving the Dead

So intense was the Smurf force to shut down resistance to their secret conspiracy, the authors were taken far apart, each in the other hemisphere. Again, let me quote one of the authors story :

With the close of The 8-bit Age, there was a lull in smurf-bashing. Andy got his doctorate and went to Chicago, and I got married in Japan. Our 'master disks' (Smurfenstein even had a printed-out disk sleeve) died that death that old degrading floppies die, and Dead Smurf Software was believed lost.
But hark, what hath the tide of evolving CPUs wrought?

It is the dawn of The Age Of Emulation, and Dead Smurf Software returneth!
With the release of "Stop The Madness" on the Macintosh, those of us who held to the torch of Apple-][-dom were finally able to get disgustingly nostalgaic. Hunting around a bit, to my surprise I managed to find disk images of Dino Smurf and Smurfenstein! They had been saved from oblivion and were back in my trembling hands...

So, Smurfenstein lives! Dino Smurf lives! And what were once a pair of floppies in Andy's basement in Michigan spread, almost died, and were now reborn. There are now no fewer than 2 Dead Smurf Software pages on the planet: Andy has his Smurfenstein page in Chicago, and you're reading mine here in Japan. That's pretty good positioning.. we each have a planetary hemisphere covered. Wow.

Hah! Evil never completely prevails after all! Or does it?

Legal Stuff

Honestly, I have no knowledge concerning legal rights of software, but the original game Castle Wolfenstein is now given out as freeware, and since the platform on which it operated itself is nearly dying out, I believe this Smurf parody will probably not interfere with MUSE's copyrights. I also believe MUSE itself has already ceased to exist, which makes my upper statement more reliable.

The problem is whether anyone has sole rights for the Smurf stuff. The Franco-Belgian author Pierre Culliford (photo to the right), or Peyo as often referred, has passed away in 1992. If he had any rights, then those should've been passed on to his heirs and heiresses. If he hadn't maintained his rights and had sold it away to some company, or originally never had it due to an ill signed contract or something, I wonder who has it. Maybe NBC? Hanna Barbera?

In any case, if the making of Castle Smurfenstein interferes with somebody's or entity's legal rights, I'd like to make some points clear. Again I'll directly quote what the people who WERE the members of Dead Smurf Software have to say about this :

. These precartoon smurfs included red smurfs, which are now extinct.

red = extinct.

Los Angeles

Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 pm
octavian

Post subject: Reply with quote

kigye888 wrote:

http://www1.linkclub.or.jp/~clubey/wolf2d/smurfenstein.html

OK. I kind of get it. But why Smurfs? Read the underlined part. So, Nazis may have been a bit unreal to a suburban kiddo, but why would peace loving Smurfs be a real urban threat? For people who have the same question, I will here quote the opening narration of Castle Smurfenstein. It will give us a clue to understanding the Smurf crisis.

Still puzzled? Well, I can't blame you. Who the heck is Smurfbutcher Bob? And, what the hell are Smurfs' precartoon ancestors? Let me fill you in.

2) The Smurf Trilogy

Castle Smurfenstein was the most successful, and probably the most famous parody game created by Dead Smurf Software, but actually it was the second of such smurfy games made by them. To fully understand their underlying anomosity towards those little blue siblings, we need to know the history of Dead Smurf Software and their Smurf Trilogy.

Their first game of the Trilogy was called Dino Smurf, a parody game based on Dino Eggs by David H. Schroeder. In this game appears our hero, Smurfbutcher Bob. Let's see what the storyline was like.

The Original Story from Dino Eggs

The Parody Story from Dino Smurf

You see, in his previous quest, Smurfbutcher Bob tried to save his children from falling into a state of mindlessness by going back to the past and destroying the smurf's precartoon ancestors. These precartoon smurfs included red smurfs, which are now extinct. And, though it's not very logical, we see the first connection between Canadian forces and the Smurf conspiracy.

3) The S.M.U.R.F. Conspiracy

Castle Smurfenstein starts from here. Failing in his task to destroy precartoon ancestors, Bob is captured and taken back to the present where he is imprisoned in Castle Smurfenstein, the Canadian headquarters for operation Smurfkreig. Bob must escape, killing as many smurfs as possible along the way.

But the most interesting thing is that in the Smurfentein story we finally get the entire scheme of the Smurf conspiracy right. In Dino Smurf, we actually didn't know why Smurfs were doing bad to our children and why the Canadian Armed Forces were there to protect them. In Smurfenstein we get to know that it was the neo-Nazis that were behind the conspiracy. We also get to know what S.M.U.R.F. stands for. And above all, we get to know the code name for the conspiracy : Operation Smurfkreig.

For the relationship between Canadian forces we get to understand that the Nazi-Smurf conspiracy held their headquarters in Ontario, Canada. But for the decisive explanation of why they are cooperating with the Argentine-based Nazis are never given and left a mystery. Considering that one of their people were easily talked into handing a gun over to Bob, their captive, maybe they were stupid enough to be talked into the conspiracy in the first place. Well, whatever...

Other things we get to know are like, the conspiracy started off as early as in 1946, only a year after the Great War ended, and that smurfberries could be made into bombs, etc...

4) S.M.U.R.F. Prevails!

There was a third game to the Trilogy that was never finished. The project was named Sky Smurf based off of the fly-around-and-shoot-stuff game Sky Fox. In the game you were supposed to be able to fly around Ontario in your jet fighter killing lots of smurfs. Unfortunately, the third game only got as far as the new plot and a partial title screen because of some technical issues the authors faced, and before they could proceed any further, the authors all seperated to different locations to attend college. The conclusion is that at the end, the Good did not prevail, but S.M.U.R.F. did! Since Bob could never have his third chance to finish off the smurfs, Operation Smurfkreig has been slowly decaying our society from the roots to this day!

5) Reviving the Dead

So intense was the Smurf force to shut down resistance to their secret conspiracy, the authors were taken far apart, each in the other hemisphere. Again, let me quote one of the authors story :

With the close of The 8-bit Age, there was a lull in smurf-bashing. Andy got his doctorate and went to Chicago, and I got married in Japan. Our 'master disks' (Smurfenstein even had a printed-out disk sleeve) died that death that old degrading floppies die, and Dead Smurf Software was believed lost.
But hark, what hath the tide of evolving CPUs wrought?

It is the dawn of The Age Of Emulation, and Dead Smurf Software returneth!
With the release of "Stop The Madness" on the Macintosh, those of us who held to the torch of Apple-][-dom were finally able to get disgustingly nostalgaic. Hunting around a bit, to my surprise I managed to find disk images of Dino Smurf and Smurfenstein! They had been saved from oblivion and were back in my trembling hands...

So, Smurfenstein lives! Dino Smurf lives! And what were once a pair of floppies in Andy's basement in Michigan spread, almost died, and were now reborn. There are now no fewer than 2 Dead Smurf Software pages on the planet: Andy has his Smurfenstein page in Chicago, and you're reading mine here in Japan. That's pretty good positioning.. we each have a planetary hemisphere covered. Wow.

Hah! Evil never completely prevails after all! Or does it?

Legal Stuff

Honestly, I have no knowledge concerning legal rights of software, but the original game Castle Wolfenstein is now given out as freeware, and since the platform on which it operated itself is nearly dying out, I believe this Smurf parody will probably not interfere with MUSE's copyrights. I also believe MUSE itself has already ceased to exist, which makes my upper statement more reliable.

The problem is whether anyone has sole rights for the Smurf stuff. The Franco-Belgian author Pierre Culliford (photo to the right), or Peyo as often referred, has passed away in 1992. If he had any rights, then those should've been passed on to his heirs and heiresses. If he hadn't maintained his rights and had sold it away to some company, or originally never had it due to an ill signed contract or something, I wonder who has it. Maybe NBC? Hanna Barbera?

In any case, if the making of Castle Smurfenstein interferes with somebody's or entity's legal rights, I'd like to make some points clear. Again I'll directly quote what the people who WERE the members of Dead Smurf Software have to say about this :

. These precartoon smurfs included red smurfs, which are now extinct.

red = extinct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurf_attack

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.