Five Bodied
 
Advanced Search
   
 
Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  
 
 

Five Bodied Forum Index Being Five Bodied Next 90 minutes of my incredible exegesis of Richard...
Display posts from previous:   
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm
Author Message
sixbodied
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 4048

Post subject: Next 90 minutes of my incredible exegesis of Richard... Reply with quote

... Meltzer for rockcritics.com:

http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/audio/phatic_communion/27_Scott_Woods


Bob Dobbs
 
View user's profile Send private message
      Back To Top  

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am
Author Message
EatThatQuestion



Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 126

Post subject: Tactility as unknown tongue Reply with quote

? 5 Bodies of Rock Criticism ?

Chemical Body = Greil Marcus/Robert Christgau

TV Body = Richard Meltzer/Lester Bangs

Chip Body = Ken Goldsmith/Ben Watson

Astral Body = Doug Kahn/David Toop

Mystery Body = Bob Dobbs

?!

http://imfpu.blogspot.com/2009/11/tactility-as-unknown-tongue-bob-vs.html
 
View user's profile Send private message
      Back To Top  

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 pm
Author Message
sixbodied
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 4048

Post subject: Re: Tactility as unknown tongue Reply with quote

EatThatQuestion wrote:
? 5 Bodies of Rock Criticism ?

Chemical Body = Greil Marcus/Robert Christgau

TV Body = Richard Meltzer/Lester Bangs

Chip Body = Ken Goldsmith/Ben Watson

Astral Body = Doug Kahn/David Toop

Mystery Body = Bob Dobbs

?!

http://imfpu.blogspot.com/2009/11/tactility-as-unknown-tongue-bob-vs.html


BOB: No, no, no!!!

As McLuhan noted, rock was an environment not "music". All those
mentioned by 'EatThatQuestion' think rock is music and react accordingly.

Since my five "body" categories do not apply until after 1995 (during
the shrinking after-image of the Android Meme), one has to use the
following categories for the environments in which "rock CRITICISM"
occurs. And the winners for rock CRITICISM within the techno-phases/
moods that rock as "environment" operates in are:

1. HOLEOPATHIC RADIO/SATELLITE (ca.1960 as "ground") - LaRouche (ca.
1970 as "figure") - the chemical ear

2. HOLEOPATHIC TELEVISION/SATELLITE (ca.1965 as "ground") - McLuhan
(ca.1970 as "figure") - the discarnate analog ear

3. HOLEOPATHIC COMPUTER/SATELLITE (ca.1970 as "ground") - Thompson (ca.
1980 as "figure") - the astral ear

4. HOLEOPATHIC SATELLITE squared (ca.1980 as "ground") - Kroker (ca.
1990 as "figure") - the virtual digital ear

5. ANTHROPOMORPHIC PHYSICAL (ca.1990 as "ground") - yours truly - ???
(the phrase "Ben is Dead" on my Tiny Note chart [created in 1995]
should tell you something)

All the writers 'EatThatQuestion' mentions are reacting with their
"subjective" chemical ear to their role as consumer of the "music"
provided by the Android Meme since 1960 (the era when "music becomes a
private concern and no longer serves a corporate role in eye-cultures"
- McLuhan).

The changes in their style of writerly response over the last 40 years
can be mapped as responses molded by the first 4 "environments" listed
above of which they are only belatedly (many years later) conscious.

The only reason they got any attention is because they were "bad
robots" (phrase thrown at the viewer by a little "wooden bug" at the
end of any of J. J. Abrams' TV episodes from the series LOST and
FRINGE).

Now how would you place Frank Zappa in this mix?


Bob Dobbs
 
View user's profile Send private message
      Back To Top  

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 pm
Author Message
sixbodied
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 4048

Post subject: Re: Tactility as unknown tongue Reply with quote

fivebodied wrote:
EatThatQuestion wrote:
? 5 Bodies of Rock Criticism ?

Chemical Body = Greil Marcus/Robert Christgau

TV Body = Richard Meltzer/Lester Bangs

Chip Body = Ken Goldsmith/Ben Watson

Astral Body = Doug Kahn/David Toop

Mystery Body = Bob Dobbs

?!

http://imfpu.blogspot.com/2009/11/tactility-as-unknown-tongue-bob-vs.html


BOB: No, no, no!!!

As McLuhan noted, rock was an environment not "music". All those
mentioned by 'EatThatQuestion' think rock is music and react accordingly.

Since my five "body" categories do not apply until after 1995 (during
the shrinking after-image of the Android Meme), one has to use the
following categories for the environments in which "rock CRITICISM"
occurs. And the winners for rock CRITICISM within the techno-phases/
moods that rock as "environment" operates in are:

1. HOLEOPATHIC RADIO/SATELLITE (ca.1960 as "ground") - LaRouche (ca.
1970 as "figure") - the chemical ear

2. HOLEOPATHIC TELEVISION/SATELLITE (ca.1965 as "ground") - McLuhan
(ca.1970 as "figure") - the discarnate analog ear

3. HOLEOPATHIC COMPUTER/SATELLITE (ca.1970 as "ground") - Thompson (ca.
1980 as "figure") - the astral ear

4. HOLEOPATHIC SATELLITE squared (ca.1980 as "ground") - Kroker (ca.
1990 as "figure") - the virtual digital ear

5. ANTHROPOMORPHIC PHYSICAL (ca.1990 as "ground") - yours truly - ???
(the phrase "Ben is Dead" on my Tiny Note chart [created in 1995]
should tell you something)

All the writers 'EatThatQuestion' mentions are reacting with their
"subjective" chemical ear to their role as consumer of the "music"
provided by the Android Meme since 1960 (the era when "music becomes a
private concern and no longer serves a corporate role in eye-cultures"
- McLuhan).

The changes in their style of writerly response over the last 40 years
can be mapped as responses molded by the first 4 "environments" listed
above of which they are only belatedly (many years later) conscious.

The only reason they got any attention is because they were "bad
robots" (phrase thrown at the viewer by a little "wooden bug" at the
end of any of J. J. Abrams' TV episodes from the series LOST and
FRINGE).

Now how would you place Frank Zappa in this mix?


Bob Dobbs


BOB: How's this for Dobbsian "musical" xenochrony?

The first thing I saw after posting my comment above:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lennon-dylan-bruce-bono-and-hilburn-2009-11-18?pagenumber=2

LOL


Bob Dobbs
 
View user's profile Send private message
      Back To Top  

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm
Author Message
sixbodied
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 4048

Post subject: Re: Tactility as unknown tongue Reply with quote

fivebodied wrote:
fivebodied wrote:
EatThatQuestion wrote:
? 5 Bodies of Rock Criticism ?

Chemical Body = Greil Marcus/Robert Christgau

TV Body = Richard Meltzer/Lester Bangs

Chip Body = Ken Goldsmith/Ben Watson

Astral Body = Doug Kahn/David Toop

Mystery Body = Bob Dobbs

?!

http://imfpu.blogspot.com/2009/11/tactility-as-unknown-tongue-bob-vs.html


BOB: No, no, no!!!

As McLuhan noted, rock was an environment not "music". All those
mentioned by 'EatThatQuestion' think rock is music and react accordingly.

Since my five "body" categories do not apply until after 1995 (during
the shrinking after-image of the Android Meme), one has to use the
following categories for the environments in which "rock CRITICISM"
occurs. And the winners for rock CRITICISM within the techno-phases/
moods that rock as "environment" operates in are:

1. HOLEOPATHIC RADIO/SATELLITE (ca.1960 as "ground") - LaRouche (ca.
1970 as "figure") - the chemical ear

2. HOLEOPATHIC TELEVISION/SATELLITE (ca.1965 as "ground") - McLuhan
(ca.1970 as "figure") - the discarnate analog ear

3. HOLEOPATHIC COMPUTER/SATELLITE (ca.1970 as "ground") - Thompson (ca.
1980 as "figure") - the astral ear

4. HOLEOPATHIC SATELLITE squared (ca.1980 as "ground") - Kroker (ca.
1990 as "figure") - the virtual digital ear

5. ANTHROPOMORPHIC PHYSICAL (ca.1990 as "ground") - yours truly - ???
(the phrase "Ben is Dead" on my Tiny Note chart [created in 1995]
should tell you something)

All the writers 'EatThatQuestion' mentions are reacting with their
"subjective" chemical ear to their role as consumer of the "music"
provided by the Android Meme since 1960 (the era when "music becomes a
private concern and no longer serves a corporate role in eye-cultures"
- McLuhan).

The changes in their style of writerly response over the last 40 years
can be mapped as responses molded by the first 4 "environments" listed
above of which they are only belatedly (many years later) conscious.

The only reason they got any attention is because they were "bad
robots" (phrase thrown at the viewer by a little "wooden bug" at the
end of any of J. J. Abrams' TV episodes from the series LOST and
FRINGE).

Now how would you place Frank Zappa in this mix?


Bob Dobbs


BOB: How's this for Dobbsian "musical" xenochrony?

The first thing I saw after posting my comment above:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lennon-dylan-bruce-bono-and-hilburn-2009-11-18?pagenumber=2

LOL


Bob Dobbs


BOB: And now for the latest song:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/sarah-palin-oprah-ratings-.html


Bob Dobbs
 
View user's profile Send private message
      Back To Top  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


      Back To Top  

Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Avalanche style by What Is Real © 2004