Five Bodied

Advanced Search

Home Register FAQ Memberlist Usergroups  

Five Bodied Forum Index Five Bodied (A)Wake The X Pope
      All times are GMT - 5 Hours  

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Ad Absurdum

Post subject: The X Pope Reply with quote

We now (as of 2pm EST) have an "ex-Pope".
This situation may not be completely novel, but it is somewhat more novel than it is being made out to be (most of the previous papal 'resignations' involved some sort of coercion or 'Antipope' controversy).

There are serious AP/AM consideration involved in choosing a new Pope, and this seems to be reflected in the public discussion, where the Church/cardinals tend to talk in terms of the candidate's personal qualities (AP), and the media tend to talk in terms of 'a non-European Pope'/'a Pope from the developing world' (AM).
A new Pope chosen for 'AP' reasons is not necessarily better... in fact, since the Catholic Church has arguably a heavier, more calicified load of AM-baggage than any other institution on the planet, it would require someone with a Bob-approximating level of 'AP' JUICE to properly conduct it.
Probably better to make an 'AM' choice and let the distributed intelligence take care of it.

The Church's main problem is in the United States. So obviously, the proper 'AM' choice would be the Canadian guy.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm
Ad Absurdum

Post subject: It's a brave new public/private world!!! Reply with quote

"SpaceX also sent the crew a gift of fresh fruit from an employee's father's orchard, company president Gwynne Shotwell said."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/03/us-space-nasa-idUSBRE92006C20130303

cf.
"Dobbs: So Christ took the simple act of sharing food, turned it into an artform, the cliche'-to-archetype pattern, and parodied the secret cults and their magicians for all time.

McLuhan: You got it!"
http://www.fivebodied.com/archives/audio/catalog/Bob_Documents/AMX_Diaries/AMX_Diaries.htm

Assuming, of course, that
A) the gift was not in any way "approved" by NASA and/nor whatever hyp(n)othetical Ritual Aligners might be obsessively interested in anything that "infiltrates" not only the IS(I)S, but the astronaut's bodies
and
B) that the gift was entirely well-meaning and innocuous (pun mostly not intended)

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: The email I sent to Goro Adachi Reply with quote

Goro (www.goroadachi.com) is something of an authority on Nostradamus, and he was predicting Brazil's Odilo Scherer would be elected Pope (or someone who could be said to be symbolically 'pinch-poping' for him). I sent him this email today:

Happy Palindrome Day, Goro!

I'm not at all surprised that the Church wants their new Pope's reign to begin on PALINDROME DAY (( 3/13/13 by American (MM/DD/YY) notation )),
especially since Easter Sunday this year also falls on PALINDROME DAY (( 31/3/13 by Canadian (DD/MM/YY) notation )). This relation is especially tight since they're 'spelled' the same (( 31313 )) and only 'punctuated' differently (( / )), but it's significant that the first full day of this period of Popelessness was also a PALINDROME DAY (( 3/1/13, also by American notation )). For that reason I didn't know whether to expect the new Pope today or tomorrow (( so that the first and last full days of Popelessness were PALIDROME DAYs )), or whether they would keep the 'Easter' resonance buried in the symbolic by having a three-day conclave, so I didn't want to make a flabby 'today, tomorrow, or the next day' prediction. Otherwise I would have sent you an email at least emphasizing the idea that PALIDROME DAYs are important to these 'Ritual Alignments', even if it's only in a supporting role -- in the past (especially the cluster in Oct, Nov, and Dec of last year) these days have consistently featured higher-than-statistically-dismissable levels of multicontextually hyperrelevant events.

When it comes to the megathemes that you emphasize, these PALIDROME DAY events have generally tended toward the 'symbolic syncrhonistic echo (SubPlot)' type of relevance, whereas the days that you highlight because of planetary and orbitally-pentagonal alignments tend toward the 'main event (PrimePlot)' type of relevance -- this 'makes sense' (it is 'rational' in the ancient sense of 'ratio': it is analogically proportional) because the accidental/coincidental alignments of our arbitrary notation-schemes (( things like the base-10 digits for today's Gregorian date or the current 12/60 time )) ARE REAL as well as unreal. More importantly, they are consciously recognized as such without emotional complication. This is important for the PSYCHOLOGICAL phenomenon of synchronicity on a personal as well as collective scale; often the subjects that provoke and are surrounded by the most synchronicity are exactly those things that evoke a maximally emotional AND maximally identity-imperilling (or collectively, paradigm-imperilling) response (( things like UFOs and going to the moon, things like what humans and/or images we bow to, things like a widely anticipated date for the 'end of time', etc. )). They are the IMPORTANT things that we might be lying to ourselves about, whether inside our own head or between our collective heads. Because the notation schemes for dates and times are so unimportant (emotionally), yet so important to our collective cultural coherence and so REAL (in the sense of undeniable, verifiable, and superwidely known), they are the perfect site and subject for 'synchronicity as artform'.

ANYWAY, I'm going to get logged off here, so to get to the point:

I'm sure you follow news about the IS(I)S closely enough to know that the Church's new Commander takes the reigns on the same day as the IS(I)S's new Commander, Canadian Chris Hadfield. But you could easily miss the curiously complimentary news from TODAY, that Canadian FORMER astronaut Marc Garneau has dropped out of the race for leadership of the federal Liberal party -- he really didn't have much of a chance AT ALL of becoming Captain of that ship (LiberalParty), let alone the bigger one (Canadian government), so the gesture of OFFICIALLY reducing his chances to zero is not very important, but the timing sure is ... what's the word? ... oh yeah, ANALOGICALLY PROPORTIONAL!!!

Cheers!

Linus

The choice of 'Francis' is funny because the two names I most quickly associate with it are St. Francis, and Francis Bacon, and my favourite painting of his is:

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm
frater222

Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sweet gig being the 'expope' tho
"you were, tootoo too ...the graced of gods...& salus of the wake...Winner...primed at the studience, propredicted...the choice of ages wise! Spickspookspokesman of our specturesque...we miss your smile."

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 pm
Linus Minimax

Post subject: job vs. role Reply with quote

frater222 wrote:
pretty sweet gig being the 'expope' tho

Yeah, I'm pretty curious about that. Usually you have to be dead (or else have your former Popemanship be voided). Interesting that the new Pope Francis initially referred to Benedict as 'Bishop Emeritus' (not 'Pope Emeritus'). There's certainly a valid argument to be made that Benedict is still Pope (because he wasn't 'fired' by the actual 'Boss'), and that there's some sort of bizarro Antipopery going on, maybe even deliberately, as part of some sort of clever crypto-fakeout that's probably way too generous to attribute to these folks... the wake of Benedict's announcement was full of a total lack of understanding of what this 'job' is, along an explicitly AP/AM break, e.g.: "Benedict clearly saw that he couldn't do the job any longer...." NO -- "the job" is an 'AM' delusion!! It should be self-evidently IMPOSSIBLE to any Catholic for the Pope to be "unable" to do his "job".

It doesn't necessarily evoke much cognitive dissonance, though... this isn't the first time that Benedict has seemed to UTTERLY misunderstand his role. But it might be more than it seems.

In other news, I'm pleased to see that Chris Hadfield is getting HIGH on his new role ... the latest from the ISS is "I wish I didn't have to go to sleep!!" LOL!!!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:26 pm
frater222

Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they were like...this is the end times: we need to freakin popes.

what if this one retired and then we had three popes...and then on and on...
"you were, tootoo too ...the graced of gods...& salus of the wake...Winner...primed at the studience, propredicted...the choice of ages wise! Spickspookspokesman of our specturesque...we miss your smile."

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:08 pm
~Foo Fighter~

Post subject: delete Reply with quote

delete

Robert Lees

[Definition: Android Meme - Automated self-replicating unit of cultural transmission; machines communicating with machines.]